Introducing the Discover Your Roots Project
Who we are:
A group of concerned Catholics who love our Church.
What we are doing:
Spreading Truth and Beauty by distributing free copies of the book Treasure and Tradition (a book that explains in a most appealing way the history and traditions surrounding our Faith) in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Anywhere in Rome where Catholics are likely to be found (e.g. St. Peter’s Square, various churches, etc.).
October 13-27, 2019 (during the Pan-Amazon Synod…starting with the Canonization Mass for John Henry Newman and ending with the Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage).
Because we agree that the Pan-Amazon region needs special attention and evangelization…but we don’t agree with the methods being proposed to that end in the Working Document for the Synod. We believe that the only antidote to the confusion and loss of faith in these difficult times for our Church, is tireless promotion of the Truth, and this is our small way of doing this.
Our days will begin with Holy Mass, a Holy Hour of Reparation around Midday, and close with Vespers and/or Compline. In between, we will frequent areas where Catholics congregate, especially St. Peter’s Square, and distribute copies of the book with an invitation to attend a Latin Mass in Rome.
How you can help:
- Pray that God will prosper our work by sending us those who most need to hear the message this book can bring them, and that they will be receptive to the working of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
- Are you planning to visit Rome during the month of October, perhaps to attend the Canonization Mass or the Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage? Can you give us a day or part of a day? Even just an hour or two? Join us in distributing copies!
- If you are able to contribute the cost of just one book ($25), this will boost the number of copies we will be able to print.
- Share this blog with your friends and fellow Catholics, so that if they are inspired to help us, they too can get involved.
- Follow us on Facebook to track the progress of our project–especially during the month of October! Or if (like me) you don’t like Facebook, subscribe to this blog instead (simply scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the subscribe button)! We will be updating these throughout our mission in October, with accounts of what we are doing each day, and possibly even some interesting interviews!
- Have you had an experience of conversion or deepening of your faith because of the book Treasure and Tradition? Share your experience here so that others can see the good this book can do.
Our Church is suffering from mass confusion. On all sides, I am asked my opinion of the latest quicksand, since I was there in Rome during the Amazon Synod. But the entire time I was there, I was focused on the good we were doing, and the hard work it took to achieve that work,… Read more
Father Thomas shared his story with us recently: Treasure and Tradition has helped me tremendously in praying the Traditional Latin Mass. I prayed my first Latin Mass on March 19, 2018 and told St. Joseph that he was responsible for helping me. In 2018 I was able to offer 45 TLMs. This year I am at… Read more
For an author like J.R.R. Tolkien–who had served in the Great War and had experienced those unique bonds formed in adversity, along with the deep sense of loss brought about when those bonds were broken by farewells–the Parting of the Fellowship in The Lord of the Rings was especially poignant. I had my first taste… Read more
“…[there was] a great and strong wind before the Lord over throwing the mountains, and breaking the rocks in pieces: the Lord is not in the wind, and after the wind an earthquake: the Lord is not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire: the Lord is not in the fire, and after… Read more
I never, ever, in my wildest dreams, imagined I would ever drive a car through the streets of Rome. In the rain. At night. But then again, the list of unprecedented things I’ve been involved in since I fell in love with the Latin Mass 14 years ago, and especially since we arrived here in… Read more
I was overwhelmed by an unexpected wave of grief when my dear friend left for home this morning. I have been so focused on the tasks to be done each day that it really wasn’t until that moment that I realized what a sacred bond we had formed through our triumphs and travails. She has… Read more
- The importance of being irrepressibly joyful
- Father Thomas’ Story
- The whistling of a gentle air
- 1% Inspiration, 99% Perspiration.
Share your story with us…
Did you experience a deepening of your faith through reading Treasure and Tradition? Did you, a friend or acquaintance convert or revert to the faith using this book? Share your story with us!
Follow This Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.